Friday, December 5, 2014

Personal Vows


At 3:00pm on December 6th 2014 in the oceanfront gazebo in Heisler Park Laguna Beach California -  Mr. and Mr. Christopher & Brian Cox-Carter were married.   Here are their personal vows.

My Dearest Christopher:

1.        I promise to respect, admire, and appreciate you for who you are, as well as for the person you wish to become.
2.        I promise to support and protect your freedom; because although our lives are intertwined, your choices are still yours alone. 
3.         I promise to seek a deep understanding of your wishes, your desires, your fears and your dreams.
4.        I promise to always do all I can to make sure your needs are met; not out of obligation, but because it makes me happy to see you happy.
5.        I promise to be there for you when you need me, whenever you need me.
6.         I promise to nurture your goals and ambitions; to support you through misfortune and celebrate your triumphs.
7.         I promise to try my best to keep our lives full of passion.

8.        I promise to remain committed to you even when times get tough, knowing that any challenges we might face, we will conquer them together. 
9.        I promise to treat you with compassion over fairness, because we are a team, now and for always. 
10.      I promise to show you; every day for the rest of my life that I know exactly how lucky I am to have you and that I will love you and you alone until my last breath. 

My Dearest Brian:

The day I met you, I knew we would be standing here today.   I have fallen in love with you more and more as we have spent time together.  I woke up 3 years ago and knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. I woke up today feeling the same way.  And I have awakened every morning for the last three years knowing I would spend the rest of my life waking up beside you.

From now on and until the day I draw my last breath, I promise:

I will love you unconditionally.
I will always stand by your side, unconditionally.
I will cre for you in good times and bad.
I will nurture you and hold you, when you need it and when you don't.
I will devote my entire lifetime to making you happy.
I will be a man you can be proud of.
I will be the husband y ou deserve.
I will always listen when you need me to.
I will never break your heart.
I can always be depended upon to bring you laughter.
To you, I vow all of these promises, and I will give you all the joy and love you will ever need or want.

No comments:

Post a Comment